I have 10 reasons why SoulCycle is the best spin studio. This fitness phenomenon is a New York City-based indoor cycling company founded in 2006; with studios in nine U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. As of 2016, SoulCycle had 85 locations in the United States with approximately 20,000 people riding every week.
Athlete, Legend, Warrior, Renegade, Rockstar, SOUL CYCLE”
My first SoulCycle ride was in San Francisco in November 2015 and it changed my spinning expectations. I’ve been to a dozen different studios since, and not to say I didn’t enjoy every single workout (cause there’s no such things as a bad workout right?) but no ride has come close. It’s like when you meet the guy of your dreams, and then he vanishes…you’ll meet other people, but the feeling just isn’t the same…
So when the Vancouver location opened this summer, I was worried… would it be as magical? Or would it shatter the beautiful memories of my first time? I had to find out; on Saturday I attended the 11:45 am ride lead by Daniela and I’m ecstatic, it was everything I remembered and more! Little fun fact, Kelly Rippa was in my class!
Here are my 10 reasons why SoulCycle is the best spin studio:
1.Spinning® has been around since the late 80’s but SoulCycle created the craze.
2. A perfectly branded “feel good” company that practices what it preaches. The SoulCycle riders loyalty is proof of that; in 2015 there were 934,500 rides, 25,641 classes, and 10,378 rides per day.
3. Extremely courteous, knowledgeable and friendly staff. The instructor training program is eight-weeks long. But the company also created a ‘Soul University’ with over 45 proprietary training programs to scale the distinctive culture and service of its studio operations.
4. A “clique” free zone, where everyone is made to feel part of the family! In class, the instructors encourage interaction with your neighbor, which opens communication and creates an uplifting feeling in room. There’s also constant dialogue with riders through ‘Your Soul Matters’ team, responding to 50,000 rider emails annually, and Twitter feeds.
5. Well organized, beautifully designed, spacious, and clean studios.
6. The service is on point! From the second you check in, customer services representatives makes sure you’re informed and helpful staff members come around the spin room and ask every single person if they need help setting up their bike before the ride starts.
7. A high vibbin’ candle lit room, with heart-pounding tracks and inspiring mantras from your instructor will help you push your physical limits and guarantees a great sweat sesh! Instructors are more than just guiding through the ride: they remind you that you’re stronger than the voice in your head that says you can’t.” You don’t have to be here, you GET to be here!”
8. SoulCyle fitness apparel and swag is cool AF!
9. Giving back! SoulCycle hosts over 300 charity rides per year; giving organization of all sizes the opportunity to join together and raise money for much-needed causes in a fun and inspiring way!
10.State of the art bikes! The SoulCycle Next Generation spin bike is sleek, modern and technically advanced! No more sore butts, these bikes ensure a comfortable ride!
SoulCycle Next Generation Spin Bike