What’s included in your luxury fitness retreats?
These are female only fitness and wellness retreats designed for women looking for adventure, who travel in style and would like to meet new like-minded people.
Each Fit & Fly Girl retreat is somewhat different experience but they all take place in a luxurious accommodation and will have a core focus of fitness & wellness, self-development, adventure and fun!
The following elements are included in all the fitness retreats:
- Seven nights accommodations with options for single or double (and sometimes triple) occupancy
- Delicious and healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, all with an emphasis on food local to the region
- Filtered water, coffee, and tea
- Fitness classes or activities such as circuit training, yoga, biking, Pilates, cardio dance, body sculpting, or hiking
- Ability to work with a first-rate instructor in a fitness class setting
- Wellness activities such as energy healing, nutrition or health classes, meditation, journaling, inspirational talks, meeting with a local medicine man, or life coaching
- Cultural and/or ecological excursions specific to the locale such as exploring ancient ruins, taking sea turtle preservation walks, touring temples or cathedrals, or visiting local gardens
- In certain locations, opportunities to volunteer and give back through service projects concentrating on causes supporting women and children
- Entertainment such as participating in a cooking class, learning salsa dancing, or shopping trips to local boutiques off the tourist beaten path
- One spa treatment such as a 60-minute massage
- Fit & Fly Girl gift bag
- Complimentary WiFi
- Round trip transportation to all group activities during the retreat
To learn more read “Surf, sand & fitness sanctuary in Costa Rica”
What is not included?
- Airfare to the retreat locale
- Round trip transportation by car or shuttle from airport to accommodations (though we will assist you in making these arrangements)
- Alcohol/wine with dinner
- One lunch and one dinner during the retreat, which will be held at local restaurants
- Additional spa treatments
- Optional gratuities for fitness instructor, spa therapists, or villa or hotel staff
Fit & Fly Girl
1 – I’m flying solo on this trip. Will there be other women alone like me?
YES!. Fit & Fly Girl primarily appeals to women who are traveling solo. We will make sure you are paired up to share a room. You may start out solo, you won’t be alone because Fit & Fly Girl offers an atmosphere that promotes bonding during the retreat so that you are guaranteed to leave with a whole new set of friends.
2 – I travelling with my friend, can we room together?
Definitely! Just let us know in advance and we’ll make sure you are sharing a room.
3 – I’m social but I also like my privacy. Do you offer a single rooms?
There are a limited number of single rooms on most retreats. If you are interested in a single room, book early to ensure you will have a space of your own.
4 – I’m a little high maintenance, and I have Four Seasons tastes. How luxurious are the accommodations?
Without a doubt women should be pampered, and that ideal is kept that in mind with each villa or boutique hotel selected. Because luxury is a priority, we would never choose accommodations that we wouldn’t choose for ourselves. Occasionally we offer retreats, such as our Tulum retreat, where the accommodations are more “eco-chic” or “bohemian chic” than our other retreats held in luxury villas. These eco-chic retreats are reflected as such on the individual retreat’s page as well as the reduced price.
5 – What is the age range are most of the guests?
The majority of the guests are in their 30’ and 40s but Fit & Fly Girl attracts women of all ages from 20s to 60s.
6 – What if I’m not feeling fit these days?
All of our fitness instructors are able to tailor the workout to provide challenging yet doable exercise. No stress, no competition, no judgment. Fit & Fly Girl fosters a supportive environment so you feel comfortable trying new things. Guests come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and workout levels.
7 –Do the fitness retreats location have WiFi?
Yes. As much as we wish we could all unplug while on vacation, sometimes that’s just not feasible. Complimentary WiFi is available in all the accommodations.
8 – Is participation in all the activities mandatory?
No. This is your holiday. You’re free to participate in as many or as few activities as you wish with absolutely no pressure. If you want to sleep in every morning, read a book and sit by the pool in the afternoon, or turn in early at night, go for it!
9 – Food allergies/intolerances. (Or I’m vegetarian. Or vegan.) Will there be anything I can eat?
Please let us know in advance, and we can work with our chef to accommodate your dietary needs.
10 – Can we drink alcohol on the fitness retreat?
Alcohol is not included in the retreat price, but whenever possible we will offer a selection of local wines with dinner that you can add on for a reasonable supplement. In the event that we cannot offer a selection of wines with dinner, you are always welcome to purchase wine or alcohol locally and consume it during the retreat.
11 – I really like my spa treatments. Can I book more treatments?
A spa menu will be provided in advance of the retreat from which you can select additional spa treatments like massages, facials, or mani/pedis at a supplemental cost.