I give to Because I am a Girl by sponsoring a beautiful 4-year-old girl living in Haiti.
As a woman living in North America I am a blessed with abundant access to clean water and fresh food, unlimited choices and types of education, freedom of speech and so much more. But in many places around the world, girls are denied these and many more basic human rights.
FIT & Flirty is my passion project and my way of sharing my gratitude for the empowerment I received once I incorporated fitness and wellness into my life. This platform allows me to encourage and support women to live fiercely, with passion and without apology.
It’s a privilege to have the resources and time to dedicate to a subject that bring so many blessings to my life that without a doubt I want to give back. Because I am a Girl is a Plan International’s global initiative that support the youth-lead movement for girls’ rights and gender equality.
MY SPONSORED GIRL – WILDERLINE
The moment I saw her big brown eye staring up at me while toting that oversized backpack I knew she was the young soul I was called to help.
DID YOU KNOW
- Every 2 seconds a child is forced into marriage
- Every year, 12 million girls are married before the age of 18
- 19,000 children die every day due to malnutrition and lack of health care, and girls are 3x more likely to be malnourished than boys
- 780 million people lack access to safe drinking water and, on average, girls and women in developing countries walk over 6km a day to access water
- More than 62 million girls are out of school
And yet, when girls are educated, healthy and empowered, they can pull themselves, their families and their communities out of poverty. Sponsor a girl today and see the difference you will make in the lives of girls in the developing world. With your support, a girl can secure the information, opportunities and encouragement she needs to swap a potentially forced walk down the aisle for the chance to forge her own promising path forward.
Help change a girl’s life today
Sponsor a girl today and help prevent her from being forced into child marriage. SPONSOR A GIRL