On January 1st you probably set new fitness or weight loss resolutions for yourself! You were determined, inspired and ready to make 2017 different. Fast forward to January 17, the day where most people DITCH their New Year’s resolution… you’ve hit a wall and don’t know where all your “will power” has gone?!
Here are a few tips to help you stay the course and not give up on ditch day!
- Allow for days off; eat a piece of cake, have a glass of wine and skip the workout.
- You’re on a journey; physical results can take time, so appreciate the small victories like feeling energized after your workout.
- Keep going; if you lose ½ lbs a week, by the end of 2017 you will have lost 26 lbs.
- Don't compare; comparing yourself to other on social media is a bad! Know where you've started, the progress you've made and wher you want to go!
- Go outside; do fun fitness activities in nature like skiing in Whistler, snow shoeing on Grouse Mountain, trail running and hiking.
- Try something new; ClassPass allows you to try many different types of fitness classes a low monthly cost.
- Sign up for a race; set fitness goals rather than weight loss goals, start with a 5km race.
- Remember; why you started!