What's your status this Valentine’s Day?
1 - SINGLE?
2 - TAKEN ?
3 - WHO CARES... I'm Awesome
Let’s be honest, regardless of your relationship status Valentine’s Day can imply high expectations and at some point we’ve all been disappointed. Single ladies sit at home feeling sorry for themselves; drowning their sorrows in a bottle of red wine and stuffing their face with heart shaped chocolates. Taken women all over the world are upset by the lack of creativity or forethought from their partner. Recently broken up or going through a divorce ladies can easily spend the day romanticizing about the failed relationship.
Well no more!! This year, I want you to remember that "single" and "taken" are just titles; your heart determines your true relationship status; and if you’re thinking Valentine’s Day in just a made up Hallmark Holiday to be ignored; to that I say “Good luck!” You will witness co-workers get overpriced flower deliveries, heart shaped candies, chocolates and cookies will be everywhere and your Facebook feed will be one love gushing post after another. So as I always say “Don’t fight life go with it!” On February 14, 2017 no matter your relationship status, celebrate the day of love!
FIT & Flirty's Valentine’s Day Tips
Singles, recently broken up or divorced
- Don’t block the energy of love with negative vibes! Love doesn't just come from romance; it is received from friends, family and pets; it comes from butterflies and rainbows, from the universe and most importantly from yourself.
- Giving always feels better than receiving; get your single friends a card, a small box of chocolates or bouquet of flowers to remind them they are also loved.
- Get dressed up as if you’re going on a hot date! Because we feel better when we look fabulous!
- Make plans with a single girlfriend: go out to dinner at your favorite restaurant or stay in with a bottle of wine, order in some Thai food and laugh about all the bad dates you’ve been on or exes you thought you would never get over.
- Pamper yourself: go to your favorite workout class and relax at the spa.
- Check your local guides for fun Anti-Valentine’s Day events in your area.
- Remember being single and happy is always better than being in a relationship that doesn’t fit right, is abusive, dysfunctional or no longer serves you.
FUN FACT: You are not alone. In 2014 the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that 124.6 million Americans over the age of 16 years were single; that 50.2 percent of the population!!
Taken, in love, committed
- Stop with the unrealistic expectations! Your life is not a romance movie and Ryan Gosling is not your boyfriend!
- Be honest and clear with your partner what you would like; take the pressure off him and plan a fun date together.
- Make an agreement to take turn to plan the celebration of love. There is no rule book that says he is the only one that has to be romantic!
- Stay in and cook a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try together, while sharing a bottle of wine.
- Get out and be active; go for a hike, skiing, ice skating or snowshoeing
- Play hooky and stay in bed all day together ;)
VALENTINE'S DAY GIVEAWAY
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter as many times or ways as you would like!
* Follow @fitandflirty_closet and and tag a friend
* Like our page and comment on this blog post below
1 - Contest closes February 14, 2017
2 - Canada & USA residents only
3 - One winner will be announced by February 16, 2017
*All entries must be submitted by 02/14 7pm. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. Facebook or Twitter. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram, Facebook and Twitter of responsibility, and agree to Instagram, Facebook and Twitters’ term of use.