Regardless of your current relationship status I highly encourage all you ladies to get out and celebrate Galentine’s Day on February 13.
Your girlfriends are always there for you, listening to all your horrible online dating stories, wiping your tears when “what’s his name” broke your heart, even though she told you he was no good, and knew you’d easily forget his name.
A true friend has helped you move, supported your crazy ideas, held your hair back over the toilet, and has seen you at your best and loved you at your worse. No matter what, she’s your biggest cheerleader. She also knows all your secrets, so if you ever “break-up” you’ll have to kill her!
So coupled or not, on February 13, leave your man at home and go out on a date with your BFFs. Honestly, do you really need an excuse to hang out with your lady friends and let them know just how much they mean to you?
“Whether you’re throwing up or breaking up, you want your girlfriend right there! I don’t trust women who don’t go to their girlfriends.” — Drew Barrymore
In no specific order, here are FIT & Flirty’s 5 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day with Champagne!
1. Host a mimosas and waffle brunch for the ladies who want to celebrate in Leslie Knope style! I can’t think of a better way to honor the founding mother of Galentine’s day.
2. Binge watch the classic love stories – Hair up, lululemon’s on and head over to your bestie’s house with a few bottles of champagne and pizza. Ryan Gosling is everyone’s perfect man in The Notebook, Patrick Swayze’s hot moves in Dirty Dancing will get your heart thumping, and “The Bridges of Madison County” will have you reminiscing and crying about the “one that got away”.
Don’t tell me you miss me, tell me you’re outside with a bottle of champagne.”
3. Get your sweat on – those who sweat (and sip) together stay together. Try a new fitness class and get your sweat on! Have you ever heard anyone say, “damn I shouldn’t have done that workout?” Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that leaves you feeling happier, more relaxed and of course BEAUTIFUL!!! Don’t forget to hydrate with a glass of your favorite bubbly!
4. Go out with your lady soul mate(s): Put on your best shoes and hit the town with all your single gals. Remind each other how lucky you are to have each other in your lives, how amazing you are and then raise a glass to your FIT & fabulous life!
“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
5. Lunch and pamper – you and your bestie don’t ever apologize for your high standards. You like the finer things in life, and you’re damn classy! Celebrate your greatness with white gloved lunch at the Club, sip on a few glasses of Dom Perignon then unwind after your stressful day with a facial and massage. Come on, you know you deserve it!
“Galentine’s Day” has transcended the television screen and become established in everyday culture. On February 13, Galentine’s Day, a non-official holiday, is celebrated as a day for “ladies celebrating ladies.”
Don’t forget to share this with your Galentine!! Links over below to the right xo